Health Insurance

On this website we deal with a number of forms of insurance, one of which is health insurance abroad.
For those who are brave enough (and lucky enough!) to take the step of either buying a second house or completely relocating to a foreign country, healthcare has to be one of the prime components of the planning process.

Moving abroad

So before you book the removals to France, Australia or Spain, make sure that you research this most important aspect thoroughly to ensure that you are covered.

If you have private healthcare, discuss the planned move with your insurer to make sure that you are eligible for treatment in the new country, whether it be routine healthcare or emergency treatment. This may depend on whether you are planning to move permanently or just reside there part time.

Private health cover

If you do not have any private cover, check what reciprocal treatment, if any, is available in the country of your choice. You may also be eligible, after some statutory period as a full time resident, to receive the same healthcare benefits as a local resident, although other countries are far stricter.

Whatever your situation, you do not want to be stuck in a foreign country without the means to pay for any necessary treatment, so make sure that you are prepared and informed, even if it means giving up your dream of moving to a particular country in favour of one with better benefits.



Making a Complaint against your legal representative

The handling of complaints about solicitors has now passed to the Legal Ombudsman, instead of lcs Legal Complaints Service.

To complain about your solicitor please contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333.

To complain about a solicitor that has worked for someone else then please contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority on 0870 606 2555.

Looking to instruct a solicitor, please use the Find a solicitor

If you are a solicitor and would like advice and support on handling complaints please contact the Law Society.

Sometimes, complaints are made on behalf of people who have impaired mental capacity. (Impaired mental capacity means that someone cannot make a decision because of his or her mental state or is not able to communicate that decision, or a combination of the two.) If you make a complaint and have a court of protection order or an enduring power of attorney, we will deal with the complaint as if it were made by the client. If you do not make the complaint under either a protection order or power of attorney, we may not be able to deal with it in this way. In these circumstances, we may need to carry out some enquiries before we can make any decision to investigate the complaint. If we decide not to investigate, we will tell you. If the complaint is upheld after an investigation, the client will receive any compensation or other award

For more information regarding legal complaints see our can we help secitionLegal Complaints Service

Choosing a solicitor