About Online Legal Complaints

If you want to complain about your solicitor’s poor service or report a solicitor’s professional misconduct to us, please fill in this form.

You will need to read our booklet Can we help? before you fill in this form. The notes all through this form show the pages of the booklet that you should turn to. You can get a copy of Can we help? by phoning our helpline or by writing to us (please see below).

This form is to help you make your complaint or give us information about a solicitor’s conduct. You can contact us however you want to, but we would prefer that you use this form as it gives us the information we need to deal with your concerns quickly.


Making a Complaint against your legal representative

The handling of complaints about solicitors has now passed to the Legal Ombudsman, instead of lcs Legal Complaints Service.

To complain about your solicitor please contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333.

To complain about a solicitor that has worked for someone else then please contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority on 0870 606 2555.

Looking to instruct a solicitor, please use the Find a solicitor

If you are a solicitor and would like advice and support on handling complaints please contact the Law Society.

Sometimes, complaints are made on behalf of people who have impaired mental capacity. (Impaired mental capacity means that someone cannot make a decision because of his or her mental state or is not able to communicate that decision, or a combination of the two.) If you make a complaint and have a court of protection order or an enduring power of attorney, we will deal with the complaint as if it were made by the client. If you do not make the complaint under either a protection order or power of attorney, we may not be able to deal with it in this way. In these circumstances, we may need to carry out some enquiries before we can make any decision to investigate the complaint. If we decide not to investigate, we will tell you. If the complaint is upheld after an investigation, the client will receive any compensation or other award

For more information regarding legal complaints see our can we help secitionLegal Complaints Service

Choosing a solicitor